Application to Hampstead Sixth Form is open to all students who meet the specified entry criteria for the courses they wish to study.
A Hampstead Sixth Former needs to have:
- A record of hard work, commitment and achievement
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- A sense of purpose and ambition
To study Level 3 courses, including AS Levels or BTEC Diplomas:
- A* - C GCSE Grades in English, Maths and a further 4 subjects (to follow 4 AS levels), or a further 3 subjects (to follow 3 AS levels).
- A - B grades in those subjects you intend to study in Year 12 or equivalent passes with Merit at other Level 2 courses
To study Level 2 courses:
· Five GCSEs at grades F – C or
· Equivalent passes with Merit at Level 1 course
· Good teacher references
Subject specific requirements are detailed in the current prospectus.
To progress to Year 13, Year 12 students must have gained at least 3 passes at Grade D or above at AS Level or have successfully completed all Year 12 units of work for BTEC courses.
Process of application
The Sixth Form prospectus will be published in readiness for the Open Evening on January 26th 2011.
Application forms should be submitted before 28th February 2011. Following this, applicants will be invited to a post-16 advice and guidance meeting with the Director of Sixth Form or the Assistant Director of Sixth Form to discuss their choices and entrance to Hampstead School Sixth Form.
Offers of a place in the Sixth Form will then be sent out but course placements will be conditional on GCSE, Level 1 and Level 2 qualification results.
All applicants who apply after the closing date will be placed on a waiting list. They will be invited to a post-16 advice and guidance meeting with the Director of Sixth Form or the Assistant Director of Sixth Form to discuss their choices and entrance to Hampstead School Sixth Form after all other applicants have been met. Offers can only be made to these students if there is capacity in the Sixth Form and on the courses they wish to follow. The Sixth Form has a total capacity of 300, divided between Years 12 and 13. We are unable to make offers of places that exceed this number.
Final offers of course placements will be made following the publication of GCSE results in August. Enrolment onto courses will follow on the first day of term. It is imperative that students confirm they wish to attend Hampstead School Sixth Form on GCSE results day and that they enrol in person on the first day of term, or we can not guarantee their place on their chosen courses. Any vacancies will be filled during results day, enrolment and the following first week of term.
Whilst we make every effort to offer applicants their preferred choice of subjects, this is not always possible due to constraints of classroom accommodation or staffing availability. We also reserve the right to withdraw courses that fail to recruit in sufficient numbers.
Priority will be given in the following order to:
· Students who are looked after by the local authority
· Students with a sibling in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 on roll when the applicant starts school in September.
· Students who live closest to the school.