Why work at Hampstead School?
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive school, educating 1335 students (including 285 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primary schools. Founded in 1961 as a mixed comprehensive school, Hampstead School has remained firmly committed to inclusive and nurturing education; quality of relationships based on respect and responsibility underpins all our endeavours. This continues to be epitomised in our motto “Learning Together, Achieving Together”.
Reflecting our part of North West London, Hampstead School’s intake is predominantly from the local areas of Kilburn, West Hampstead, Cricklewood and Willesden. Our learners represent the diversity of our communities with over 70 languages spoken by our 50%+ bilingual students.
The School has been almost completely rebuilt over the past 5 years with our modern inspiring facilities offering a vibrant and brilliantly equipped place to work and study.
Ofsted noted that “Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported." This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils. Our equally diverse staff is well supported and encouraged to achieve their career aspirations. They share their passion for learning and commitment to delivering outstanding education to our students through our Kaizen approach. Consequently, we are proud of our terrific record of staff development, second-to-none, whereby posts arise because of the excellent career progression that teachers at Hampstead School experience.
Our package includes
- Our own school Teaching & Learning Professional Development (weekly)
- Professional on-site coaching
- Further bespoke CPD through Camden Learning
- Thorough Early Career Teacher (ECT) programme and strong track record of working with Teach First, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
- Support for your well-being through our well-being team, and 24/7 Access to a personal employee assistance helpline
- Access to counsellors, occupational health and mental health practitioners on-site
- Free eye care vouchers and a free annual onsite flu jab
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work
- Family-friendly absence policies such as paid time-off for primary school plays, child-care emergencies and house moves
- Guarantees to work-life balance such as no expectation of excess presenteeism or to open e-mails out-of-school hours
Hampstead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Hampstead School is close to Cricklewood Thameslink Station and close to the triple transport hub of West Hampstead stations (Tube; London Overground; Thameslink). A number of buses stop close to the school including the C11 at the dedicated Hampstead School bus stop.