CAREERS EDUCATION & INSPIRATION
Hampstead School is committed to providing a comprehensive careers and work related programme throughout the school.
To deliver our aims we continue to develop a curriculum that embeds careers education information advice and guidance (CEIAG) whilst enriching students' lives with opportunities that reach beyond the classroom and into the wider global community.
In recognition of this the school was granted the national award of Investors in Careers in July 2015 and are committed to achieving re-accreditation under the Quality in Careers Standard in September 2018.
Programme Aims and Outcomes
- To enable all students to develop the self-knowledge and skills that they need to take charge of their personal and career development.
- To be an integral part of the school curriculum.
- To contribute to wider school action to raise aspirations, improve motivation, develop key and other employability skills and illustrate the relevance of subject studies in future life.
- To promote equal opportunities and to challenge stereotypical thinking and attitudes.
- To help students overcome any overt and hidden barriers to progress that they may encounter.
- To enable students to understand that a career is a personal journey that includes learning, work and career breaks (both planned and unplanned), and that all career decisions involve making choices about learning and lifestyles.
- To ensure that students receive appropriate independent and impartial careers information and guidance, including access to a Matrix Standard independent careers advisor, especially at key decision and transition points.